USBTrace : Class Decoding
USBTrace can decode and display class specific USB descriptors/requests and display detailed information regarding them. The classes currently supported are Hub, HID, Communication Device, Mass Storage, Wireless Controllers (Bluetooth, Wireless USB HWA), Still Image Capture, Printer, Audio, Video, Smart Card, PHDC, Test & Measurement (TMC) and Vendor Specific.
Figure above shows hub class requests captured by USBTrace. Figure below shows a decoded class request in Info view.
Shown below is the video class specific descriptors decoded and displayed by USBTrace video class decoder.
Get more information about device class decoders.
- Human Interface Device (HID)
- USB Hub Class
- Mass Storage Device
- Still Image Capture Device
- Video Class
- Audio Class
- Vendor Specific
- Wireless USB Host Wire Adapter
- Communication Device (CDC)
- Smart Card (CCID)
- Personal Healthcare (PHDC)
- Test & Measurement (TMC)
Installing class decoders
USBTrace class decoders must be separately installed after installing USBTrace main application. Class decoders are distributed as zipped DLLs.
- Download the required class decoders from http://www.sysnucleus.com/usbtrace_download.html
- Extract them to USBTrace installation directory.
- Restart USBTrace.